Thoughts on where street photography takes me, how it can be used to change the world and how to impliment that change
Sunday, June 16, 2013
street photographer
Wandering the streets of Chicago with a camera I can revisit the moments previously only recorded to my minds eye, once it is loaded to my computer I can highlight and bring its voice to the forefront, direct attention where it is needed, affect change, and if I do it right just maybe change the world even if only in a small way, I use photo editing in such a way as to heighten the drama in a photo, so I can break down the walls of indifference we erect as a safety mechanism, the society we live in has become so desensitized to other people's suffering that when we encounter other people's misfortunes we reply with a shrug of the shoulders as if to say "bummer dude, not my problem" we are losing our humanity to indifference, it takes an added skill to get through this wall we build, to break the layers of ice on our hearts and rekindle the fire of brotherhood and empathy, this is what I am striving for, not just pretty pictures but something that will move people to action, a call to arms, but not to fight eachother but rather to hold, and rebuild eachother, we are all comrades, it is our birthright as sentient beings, we are losing vital contact with eachother in this world of commerce, war, and indifference, the saying goes that a picture is worth a thousand words, with my camera...I am trying to talk to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment